- About Us
- Our Model
- Help Out
UMCS Board Meetings – 2013
All Board Meetings will be held at our school site, 5328 Brann Street in Oakland from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm unless otherwise indicated. Meeting agendas will be made available through our blog in the days leading up to each board meeting and posted at the school site. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
- January 24 – UMCS Board Regular Meeting 01-24-13 minutes
- February 26 – UMCS Board Regular Meeting 02-26-13 minutes
- March 21
April 25Rescheduled for May 2
- May 23 — Cancelled
- June 26
- July 24
- August 28
- September 25
- October 23
- November 20
- December 18
UMCS Board Meetings – 2012
- January 26th
- February 22nd -2-22-12 Minutes
March 28th;Rescheduled for March 27th -3-27-12 Minutes
- April 2 Special Meeting - 4-2-12 minutes
- April 25th; Rescheduled for April 30 - 4-30-12 minutes
- May 23rd - 5-23-12 Minutes
- June 11, 2012 Special Meeting - 6-11-12 Special Meeting Minutes
- June 25th – Regular Meeting Canceled
- July 12, 2012 Special Meeting - 7-12-12 Special Meeting Minutes
- July 16, 2012 Special Meeting - 7-16-12 Special Meeting Minutes
- July 25th - 7-25-12 Minutes
- August 22nd - UMCS Board Regular Meeting 8-22-12 minutes_FINAL
- September 26th UMCS Board Regular Meeting 9-26-12 minutes
- October 24th UMCS Board Regular Meeting Minutes 10.24.12
- November 28th UMCS Board Regular Meeting 11-28-12 minutes
- December 19th UMCS Board Regular Meeting 12-19-12 minutes
Urban Montessori’s Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Kevin Cuff
- Nancy McAfee Flemming
- Hae-Sin Thomas
- Peter Laub
- Susie Wise
- Sibyl Buckner
- Randy Weiner
to reach the UMCS board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Board recruitment process is as follows:
- If one does not already exist, the Chair appoints a Board Development Committee. This committee would be comprised of at least two Board Members and, at its discretion, could include school leadership, staff and/or families and students.
- The Board Development Committee creates criteria for new Board members and provides opportunities to school leadership, staff and families to share their perspectives on new Board member qualifications. Board Member openings and criteria are posted publicly at the school site, on the school’s web site and through any other recruitment channels, as necessary and appropriate.
- The Board Development Committee may conduct interviews with interested candidates on a rolling basis and as promising candidates arise.
- Whenever possible, the Board Development Committee will invite at least one additional Board member, at least one additional staff member and at least one additional school family member to participate in candidate interviews. School staff and family members do not vote on the candidate’s membership, but provide important feedback into the development process.
- Candidates are accepted on to the Board when a majority of the Board approves the nomination.
- As each Director’s term reaches the two-year mark, the Board Development Committee will seek to identify new candidates to fill upcoming vacancies. Should no candidates become available and should the standing Director(s) desire to continue their Board service, they may do so until new candidates are found and voted onto the Board.