Urban Montessori Charter School is prioritizing a healthy, safe, in-person school experience for all students in 2021-2022.
- UMCS Cal/OSHA COVID19 Covid Prevention Plan (CPP) y en español
- UMCS COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist
- 2021-2022 UMCS COVID-19 Safety Plan
UMCS Covid-19 | Addendum Parent Handbook [from 2020-2021]
- UMCS Learning Everywhere Addition to Family Student Handbook
- Alameda County links to the Cal OSHA and County Office of Education Guidance, both of which get updated regularly.
- COVID-19 Written Operations Report -- approved June 18, 2020
Since September 20, 2021
Since August 16th, 2021
*Positive cases this week may include any of the prior week’s presumed cases confirmed after Friday.
*Send feedback on this dashboard to [email protected] to organize and share with the Admin and Ops Teams.
The new school year has begun!
Welcome back all students, staff, and families, for in-person instruction.
Phase 2 of Reopening has begun!
UMCS welcomed our first students to our new campus on Wednesday, February 24! Thank you to all the staff and families who have partnered with us to make this happen!
Phase 2 of Reopening
This week we made great progress towards our goal of welcoming a small group of students with identified needs to campus. Our current timeline is ambitious but we are so excited to get started and share some semi-concrete details with you today!
We have begun directly contacting identified families and will continue to reach out through next week. Students are being identified for invitation based on attendance and academic data (NWEA. DIBELS, Teacher assessment, IEP goals/progress, English Language Development). Students performing below and far below average and/or struggling to access instruction at home will be prioritized. Additionally, we have created/updated our DRAFT: UMCS Covid-19 | Addendum Parent Handbook and our DRAFT: UMCS Covid Prevention Plan (CPP). Both of these documents are open for public comment so please feel free to make suggestions or comment on any part. We may not be able to reply to all comments but appreciate your feedback!
Below is our goal timeline for Phase 2 of Reopening with some information on each type of instruction planned!
In-person support for Learning Everywhere: Start date window 2/22-2/25
- 2-4 days per week; 8:15 am - 11:00 or 12:00
- 18-24 students in two - four small, stable cohorts of 6-9
Small Intensive targeted support: Start date window 2/22-2/25
- 5 days a week 8:15 am - 11:30 am
- 3-4 students in one small, stable cohort
Counseling and Social groups: Start date window 3/1-3/12
- 2 days per week; Times to be determined (but likely after school 3:30-4:30) for 1-hour sessions
- 10-20 students in stable cohort groups of 4-5
Specialized Academic Instruction and Speech and Language Services: Start date window 2/22-3/8
- Schedules based on individual need and student’s existing services schedules
- Students invited into other morning cohorts will receive in-person SAI if applicable