1. Our website contains a variety of information, including our school’s mission and philosophy, admissions procedures, fundraising opportunities, and community events. Please flag pages that need to be updated by emailing [email protected].
2. Our Classroom Communities are on ParentSquare: ParentSquare.com/signin
- Sign in or sign up with your email address or cell phone number, and set your password.
- Confirm your information is correct, and if need assistance please email [email protected].
Once logged in, individuals control how they receive ParentSquare communications and notifications, including any combination of instant or daily digest emails, text messages, and in-app notifications.
From within ParentSquare, families can also access the AERIES Parent Portal, which is the school's Student Information System, where families can see attendance records and other information.
3. Our School Calendar: urbanmontessori.org/school_calendar/
This calendar is updated frequently, so check back often for the latest info about events, committee meetings, etc. Google Calendar users may click the “+Google” button in the bottom-right corner to have events automatically added to their personal calendar.
Similar to the public pages on the school website, these social media pages are for communications that reach a broader audience of interested families and funders and other communities who care about what we do. Social media users are encouraged to like/follow these pages/feeds and engage in the conversations that happen there.
5. Private Facebook group: Facebook.com/groups/umcsfamilies
Please note: this is NOT an official UMCS communications group and participation is optional. Parents and caregivers of current students as well as current Faculty and Staff at UMCS are welcome to contribute to the conversation that happens there, but it is not actively monitored by UMCS Administration.
To join the group, visit the URL above and click the “Join Group” button. If your Facebook name does not match your name in the school database, or if you have not yet registered on the school website (as described above) you may experience a delay in being admitted to the FB group. Check your “other” mailbox for a message from one of the group’s administrators, as they will be asking you to confirm your association with the school.
6) Text messages and recorded voice messages: In a short-notice circumstance or emergency, the school uses text messages, text-to-voice messages, and recorded phone call messages.
If you have any questions, please contact your Room Parent or the Main Office for help.